At the 2017 ASPERA Annual General Meeting members voted on some changes to the Association’s constitution.
These changes were to:
- Increase the terms of office for the Executive Committee to two years (although anyone can resign at any time if needed).
- Reduce the number of designated officer holders of the committee to four (President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary).
- Change the requirement that the Vice President succeed the President, and instead require that the President be a member who has served on the Committee for at least one year in the previous five.
- Allow members to attend Executive Meetings and General Meetings “virtually” without forfeiting any voting rights.
- Tidy up a number of minor errors.
The Meeting accepted the changes and so we now have an updated constitution.
You can see the updated constitution on the ASPERA.org website at http://www.aspera.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2018-Constitution-updated-2017.pdf