On Thursday 28 May 2020, members of the ASPERA community gathered via Zoom to discuss their strategies, solutions and concerns in relation to screen production teaching and research at a tertiary level in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The meeting was proposed and chaired by David Balfour from AFTRS on the eve of the release of the Australian Screen Production Industry COVID-Safe Guidelines.
Here is the audio recording of the session, which included a Q&A with Lyn Norfor, who is head of Producing and Production at AFTRS and a member of the Australian Screen Sector Task Force that developed the Guidelines.
Links from Zoom meeting chat
We’ve compiled the links that were shared in the chat during the roundtable session below.
- Matt Workman (creator of Cinetracer) from the Cine Database YouTube channel
- Facebook group ‘Teaching Film, Media, Screenwriting & Production Online for COVID-19’
- The Google Doc version of info from the above Facebook group
- Viraclean – recommended cleaning product for camera gear
- FUTURE PROPOSED CONTROL MEASURES FOR SPREAD OF COVID-19 from the AMPS Feature Mixers Group – 36 production sound mixers working in feature films & high-end TV in the UK
- Blog post “Please do a bad job of putting your courses online”
- Rise interactive tool for online delivery – lecture example
- COVID shutdown music video shot on Zoom by Thao & The Get Down Stay Down – Phenom
- Sessional iso film by first year teacher at QUT